Thursday 2 October 2014

I just missed a post for Sept.....Here's Some advent calendars to make up for my FAIL


First up a fabric advent calendar with cute little pockets! 





I've made this for display at work there's a few different designs but I do love the tree! 

I think it only took about 2 hours to make and most of that was making up the pockets.....







I added iron on interfacing to the back of all the pockets before cutting them out and folding the sides over and ironing this is the part that took longest ironing down each side ....







I then stitched along the top of each pocket to seal the flap down seams as I couldn't do this later without sealing the pocket... 












The pockets along the bottom are all in one piece with box folds in-between I then stitched around the edge of each pocket. 


I used a metallic gold thread so that the stitching would stand out ( a customer has already commented on how much she liked the stitching) 



Sewing on the other pockets  









 I used the backing fabric to fold over to the front to seal the edges and I zig-zag stitched over the corner folds 







I then added an extra strip of fabric to the  back to insert the dowelling in so it can be hung and help maintain its shape when hanging. 










TADAH fabricadvent calander!





Next!Reindeer wooden advent calendar 




 Again made for display, unfortunately i completely forgot to take any in the making photos .....



But to start with I spray painted the body brown and then half the draws green and half the draws red...












I then used 3 different decopatch papers on the fronts of the draws


And the glued on little worded numbers in the colour opposite to that of the draws/handles



I'm hoping that I get at least on of these back to keep but manager mentioned selling them for charity so who knows?





No comments:

Post a Comment