Wednesday 18 February 2015

I am a bad crafter/blogger ........

 So I failed miserably towards the end of the year, not just with posting but with the actual making of things as well. I think Guild Wars 2 has something to do with this ........

One thing I did make at the end of last year (and couldn't post about as they were a present) Were these quilted place mats.  




I didn't take to many pictures during the making of them unfortunately. This was the first time I've used the Paper Piecing technique, and now I think I'm converted!! its great  just sew along the line and TADAH!!!


They have insulated wadding inside them and I also used little pegs to hold the binding tape on for stitching, so much easier then pinning the binding tape. All the skulls and bones glow in the dark!!!!!!








Next up is my first project for this year, a cathedral window cushion. I've seen this style on quilts and cushions all over pinterest for a while now, they look great, but they are a bit long winded to make. I would love a quilt like this but considering how long it took me to make a cushion ......maybe an on going project. 

Again i was quite bad on the picture taking for this but below you can see how it slowly transformed form a load of sewn together flaps to little windows of colour. 





I nearly ran out of pins for this part having to pin down every side .....






 Tadah complete with hand embroidery (which I rarely do). They may only be straight lines but I'm still pleased with the result. I found the instructions for this in a magazine, The same one that can be seen here intact https://www.pinterest.com/pin/369717450631631866/



More to come (soon hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment