Wednesday 11 June 2014

Four of the things I've missed


So once again I've got seriously behind on uploading pictures of what I've made, these probably aren't in the correct order but oh well


1. A new purse/wallet 


 With lots of handy card slots (I have way to many loyalty cards) a little coin pouch to, and a big one at the back for notes 

It was fairly simple to make i got the pattern here, The instructions it comes with are really clear and easy to follow : 


I used a mixture of fabrics from fat quarter bundles but the dragonfly fabric I got at: www.fabricrehab.co.uk  but I cant seam to find that exact one at the moment - I think its sold out. 


2. Dress cover/protector 
All my dress Etc. are covered up by those big charity bags you get through the post, so  I've made a much nicer looking cover for one of them (so far), hopefully I'll eventually get round to making some for the rest of them as well. all ive done is fold the fabric over into the middle and attach a zip, sewing up the top (with a gap for the hanger) and bottom. 

 


3. Top number 1 : Simplicity patter 3750 : http://www.simplicity.com/p-1997-misses-tops.aspx

I have made option D of the pattern

 

I got all that fabric at work this time, I really like this top but the little cap sleeve's are a bit stiff so tend to stick up when worn - should probably use a much lighter fabric next time, I'm sure ill find an occasion to wear it at some point =) 

4: Top number 2: New Look pattern 6034 : http://www.simplicity.com/p-5872-misses-separates.aspx
Ive made option A - mainly as i have a think for pockets O_o



I'm really please with this one just have to wait for a nice sunny day to wear it. I know some people HATE working with stretch fabrics but this was my first time working with jersey and I didn't have any problems with it.

 I got the fabric from: http://www.tiaknightfabrics.co.uk/ But once again i cant seam to find the fabric that I ordered, My only problem with this site is you can only order by the full meter so i have quite a bit left over ... Which will be added to my stash and used one day......


I think that's everything.... For now anyway Expect a skirt update soon though....




No comments:

Post a Comment